Welcome to Salon Equipment Centre!
1. GENERAL All orders are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by the buyer shall be considered as acceptance of these These conditions may not be modified or varied unless SEC Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) agrees in writing and the Company shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from the buyer. No person has authority on behalf of the Company to vary any condition except a Director or the Company Secretary, and then only in writing signed by a Director or the Secretary.
2. CARE AND CLEANING OF FURNITURE: we recommend that all of our furniture is cleaned regularly with warm water and a non-abrasive For cleaning tougher dirt, hairspray or lacquer, we recommend using a mild, non- abrasive detergent diluted in warm water, or our own brand Salon Equipment Cleaner. Salon Equipment Centre cannot be held liable for any marks or damages caused used 3rd party cleaning materials.
3. VALIDITY OF QUOTATION The Company reserves the right to refuse the buyer’s acceptance of a quotation unless such a quotation is stated to be open for a specific period and is not withdrawn in such No binding contract shall be created by the acceptance by the buyer of the Company’s quotation until such notice of acceptance of the offer has been given in writing which shall have been signed by the Company’s duly authorised representative or the Company has indicated its acceptance of the offer by making delivery or part delivery of the goods. In the event that no quotation is given by the Company and it has received an order from the buyer, all deliveries are made subject to these conditions of sale.
4. ORDERS Order placed by telephone must be confirmed within 48 hours in No order can be processed until such written confirmation or the appropriate payment has been received by the Company.
5. DELIVERY Delivery dates are promises given in good faith by the Company to indicate estimated The company undertakes to use its reasonable endeavors to dispatch the goods on an agreed delivery date, but does not guarantee to do so. Time of delivery shall not be the essence of the contract. The Company shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage whether arising directly or indirectly from the late delivery or short delivery of the goods. If short delivery does take place, the buyer undertakes not to reject the goods but to accept the goods delivered as part performance of the contract. The company agrees to store your goods up to an agreed date FOC, after this date the company reserves the right to charge storage at £5.00+VAT per day. When the price quoted includes delivery the company will: Deliver goods to a ground floor location only. All delivery quotes, unless otherwise stated are based on one member of staff completing the delivery. The delivery service does not include the assembly of furniture. ALL goods must be inspected and checked whilst the driver is present, and then signed for accordingly. If the customer is not present or there is no one with authority to sign for the goods, the company will not be held responsible for any damage found thereafter. If the Company has to re-deliver goods due to the customer not accepting goods or the customer is not present for the signing of goods a re-delivery cost will be made to the customer for paying and a new delivery date will be arranged. All online orders are quoted delivery for Mainland UK only, this excludes Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isles of Scilly. This also includes Northern Ireland and remote areas of Scotland. Please refer to our FAQ’s online for more information.
6. FORCE MAJEURE The Company shall be entitled to cancel or delay delivery of orders if it is delayed, hindered or prevented from delivery through circumstances beyond its control. Such circumstances shall include (but are not limited to) industrial action, accident fire, Act of God or failure to deliver by suppliers or carriers.
7. OWNERSHIP AND RISK The Company and the buyer expressly agree that until the Company has been paid in full for the goods supplied. The goods remain the property of the Company although the risk therein passes to the buyer at the point when delivery is The Company may recover those goods at any time from the buyer in their possession if the Company judges that the amount outstanding from the buyer on the general statement of account between the parties remains unpaid for more than 7 days from final completion and acceptance and for that purpose the Company’s servants and agents may enter upon any land or building upon which the goods are situated and remove back to the Company’s premises.
If the buyer incorporates such goods into other products, with the addition of their goods or those of others, or uses such goods as materials for other products, with or without such addition, the property in those other products is upon incorporation of use ipso facto transferred to the Company and the buyer as Bailee of them for the Company will store the same for the Company in a proper manner without charge to the Company.
The buyer has the right to dispose of the goods or such other products in the course of their business for the account of the Company and to pass good title to the goods or products to their customer being a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of the Company’s rights.
In the event of such disposal the buyer has the fiduciary duty to the Company to account to the Company for the proceeds but may retain therefrom an excess of such proceeds over the amount outstanding and due to the Company, and the Company has the additional right to recover the buyer’s price from the buyer’s customer to the extent unpaid; if the Company avails itself of this right, it will account to the buyer for any excess less any expenses incurred by effecting recovery.
8. CARRIAGE The Company reserves the right to charge carriage on
Where goods are specially ordered from manufacturers, and a carriage charge is made, the Company reserves the right to recover this charge from the buyer.
9. DAMAGE IN TRANSIT AND SHORTAGES
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT AND SHORTAGES BY THIRD PARTY CARRIER COMPANY. The company will notify you, prior to dispatch, when the price quoted includes a 3rd party carrier. Where Items are loaded and dispatched on a pallet the service provided will be a kerb-side delivery only. The company will repair or replace free of charge goods that arrive damaged or in unsatisfactory condition provided that the carriers and the Company receive notification at point of delivery the items must be signed for as such and the packing and contents should be retained for inspection. Failure to notify us of any damages in accordance with this clause shall be deemed acceptance of the products by you in satisfactory condition and we shall have no ongoing obligations in that respect.
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT AND SHORTAGES via SEC VEHICLE or SELF COLLECTION. Any damages or missing items delivered by an SEC vehicle or collected directly from SEC must be reported within 72 hours of receipt of delivery / collection. Failure to notify us of any damages in accordance with this clause shall be deemed acceptance of the products by you in satisfactory condition and We shall have no ongoing obligations in that respect.
10. RETURNS Goods correctly supplied may not be In exceptional circumstances, at management discretion returns may be possible. In these circumstances the goods returned in their original packaging. They must be consigned carriage paid and accompanied by a packing note stating the Company’s invoice number and the date, thereof, with the reason for the return. Any item which has been supplied to special requirements cannot be accepted for credit under any circumstances and in other instances, a re-stock charge may be imposed.
11. WARRANTY The company guarantee is limited to the UK Mainland; goods taken outside of the UK Mainland are completely at the buyer’s risk. The Company cannot be held responsible for any costs associated in returning or repairing goods whilst they remain outside of the UK mainland.
12. WARRANTY NEW GOODS. The Company’s liability in respect of all goods supplied by it shall be limited to giving the buyer the benefit of any guarantee or warranty given by the manufacturer of such The Company shall not be under any further liability howsoever arising and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by or under statute custom or trade usage are hereby expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, the company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the waste seal in basins supplied by the company: the customer is strongly advised in all cases to insure that the seal is rendered water tight on installation.
13. WARRANTY USED GOODS The Company’s guarantee in respect of electrical equipment, and Belmont Barber chairs only, will be 3 months from the date of delivery irrespective if the goods have or have not been All other goods are ‘bought as seen’ so no guarantee whatsoever is given. The buyer must return faulty goods to the Company at their own expense. The Company offer no guarantee whatsoever in respect of plumbing, i.e. taps, wastes and pipework. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check every item before agreeing to a purchase and not to assume all goods will be identical in condition. Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are only intended to present a general idea as to the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
14. WARRANTY VINTAGE & ANTIQUE All goods are sold as seen so no guarantee whatsoever is given. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check every item before agreeing to a purchase and not to assume all goods will be identical in Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are only intended to present a general idea as to the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
15. CANCELLED ORDERS When the buyer agrees to purchase the goods a contract is agreed by placing an order and paying in Once the contract has been made, the order may not be cancelled. In exceptional circumstances, cancellation of an order may be considered by Management at their discretion. A cancellation charge of 25% of the original order placed will be retained by the Company. Any item which has been ordered and supplied as a special requirement cannot be accepted for credit under any circumstances.
16. DESCRIPTIVE MATTER AND ILLUSTRATIONS
All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars or weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract. Any descriptions, and or photographs supplied by the Company in respect of used goods are also only intended to present a general idea of the condition of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
17. LIABILITY The Company accept no liability (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for any of the following losses: Loss of profits, revenue, sales, income or business, Loss of savings, Loss of use or production, Loss of goodwill, Business interruption, Remedial costs if products are damaged or defective, Damage to property or possessions through use or misuse of the products, Loss caused by delay or other late performance, Indirect or consequential losses.
18. SETTLEMENT TERMS All accounts are payable on demand in accordance with the following terms:
i) The balance of 50% to be paid once all goods have arrived into stock and prior to delivery of goods. Any discrepancies shall not be accepted as any reason for withholding the whole of the final payment.
19. LIMITS OF CONTRACT Any quotation includes only such goods, accessories and work as are specified therein.
20. COPYRIGHT All drawings, descriptions and other information submitted by the Company shall remain the property of the Company together with the copyright therein. The Company reserves the right to charge a minimum of £250 Design Fee on non-completed projects.
21. VALUE ADDED TAX Where chargeable Value Added Tax will be charged at the rate applicable at the date of despatch.
22. RETURNED CHEQUES If the buyer’s cheque is returned from the bank to the Company as unpaid the buyer will incur a charge of £25 on each occasion.
23. EX-DISPLAY AREA All goods are “Sold as seen” and it is the responsibility of the customer to inspect all goods brought from this area.
24. ASSIGNMENT The contract shall not be capable of assignment by the buyer.
25. GOVERNING LAW The contract shall be governed by and construed exclusively under the laws of England.
Our delivery charge is based on one member of staff to deliver items purchased, to a ground floor location only.
All goods must be signed for at the point of delivery.
Any damages or missing items must be reported within 72 hours of receipt of delivery.
SEC cannot be held responsible for damages / missing items reported after this time.
Unless otherwise stated, Salon Equipment Centre and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Salon Equipment Centre All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from
Redistribute content from Salon Equipment Centre (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. Salon Equipment Centre does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Salon Equipment Centre, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Salon Equipment Centre shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Salon Equipment Centre reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Salon Equipment Centre a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of Salon Equipment Centre; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to =getsetting('company_email');?>. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of SEC’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Online Sale Terms
These Terms apply to the purchase of Products via our Website. By placing an Order or by clicking to accept these terms on our Website you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to our terms you should not place any Orders through our Website.
This is the most current version of these Terms and is dated (19/08/2023) but we may change them from time to time without giving you notice, so you must read these Terms every time you place an Order through our Website. The Terms published on our Website at the time you place your Order will apply to your Order unless we notify you of a change to these Terms before we have accepted your Order or we are obliged to make a change to these Terms, for example, as a result of changes to the law.